Image Map

Friday, August 17, 2012

Whew! What a Week!

Well, friends... I did it! I survived my very first week of school as a teacher.  For those that don't know.. I teach second grade at an urban school in Indianapolis.  The first day was a doozy, that's for sure.  I left feeling more exhausted than ever before and wondering if I was really cut out for this. Then...


The second day was A-Ma-Zing!!!!! I had a chance to really get myself organized... I had a better feel for the schedule and school procedures.. and the kids were feeling a little more at home and calmed down after seeing their friends for the first time in so long.  The next three days were good.. nothing spectacular, but certainly good enough for me to feel like.. yes... this is where I belong.  PTL!  

Yesterday I celebrated my 23rd birthday with some wonderful Italian food from a little hole in the wall restaurant in the city.  I LOVE a good dive restaurant.. seriously.. I will take one over a fancy pants restaurant any day! 

Today I am excited to celebrate some awesome accomplishments of a few fellow bloggy friends!! I'm participating in two giveaways this week so head on over to these FABULOUS blogs and check them out! 

Tammy at 1,2,3 Teach With Me is celebrating 400 followers! Congrats, Tammy! :) 

and Patti at A Series of 3rd Grade Events is celebrating 300 followers.  Congrats, Patti! :) 

That's it for me today! I'm excited to relax while I can this weekend... Not going to let lesson planning get in the way of a little R and R! :)  For those of you who are back to school.. How have your first few weeks gone? For those of you who haven't returned... how much more do you have left to do in your room before you'll feel "ready"? 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Sam on making it through your first week! Teaching only gets better and better! 8 years down the track, 4 different school and 2 countries, I go to work every day knowing just how much I love my job!

    I am now following your blog, I will look forward to new updates!

    Have a relaxing weekend!

    Alison

    http://mathswithmeaning.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats congrats! Surviving the first day is a huge accomplishment! Always bring popsicles (and Advil) on the first week.
    Katie
    I Want to be a Super Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Happy Birthday :) Congrats on making it through the first week :) Here is to hoping you have a fantastic school year :)

    Heidi
    My (Not So) Elementary Life

    ReplyDelete