Image Map

Monday, August 13, 2012

First Day Fun

Hey friends... I just wanted to take a few seconds to share with you about my very first day teaching.  First off, someone, PLEASE... puh-LEAAASSSEEE.. make me feel better.  First days are always a little chaotic, right? *say yes, say yes, say yes!*  

I feel like between figuring out student lunch numbers and who was a car rider vs. who was a bus rider.. then what bus they RIDE .. I didn't get a chance to even take a deep breath! Good gravy! It was exhausting, but now that I've had a chance to get home and reflect... I think it's going to be a good year.  

I do believe these kids are going to challenge me and really push me to my limits.  I have a chatty bunch, that's for sure.  It's a large class of 28 in a pretty small room so the constant voices were a little overwhelming at first.  And can we just talk about how many stinkin' procedures there are to teach?!? ;)  It blows my mind, though, that I have just completed my first day teaching.  The day FLEW by and I have to admit, I've got some pretty sweet kids! I'm really excited to see what the future holds with this class. 

Don't forget - today is the last day to get 28% off in my TPT Store!! I went shopping yesterday and got some AWESOME stuff. 


8 comments:

  1. The first day is always the craziest. Last year when I got home I went to bed at 6pm! It was exhausting but oh so much fun! Congratulations on a great first day.

    Eden
    teachinginflats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't Worry, I have been there! I felt like I was in a coma the day after my first day of school! Congrats! It will only get easier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA You sound like me on my first day! They were super chatty while I was thinking..uhm aren't you supposed to be shy and nervous on your first day?! It's okay..just keep on them with their procedures and your expectations. Don't let anything slide and by the time they're in their third week (like my kids) they will be pretty well trained and pretty quiet for the most part! :D Congratulations on finishing day 1..All I know is that my legs were so sore the first 3 days and I was SO EXHAUSTED like I ran marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, the first day is always insane! The whole first month is crazy! I always look forward to October!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on getting through your very first day! Enjoy this year, it will go by quickly (but it might not feel like it somedays).

    My very first teaching day was in a Jr. High School & it was actually pretty stress-free. When I moved down to Elementary School, it was like I had been beamed out of this world and put on another planet! After 9 years, I still come home exhausted!

    Do you have a voice level chart? If not, I think you should get one. Last year I made one, this year I'm using this one
    http://totallyterrificintexas.blogspot.com/2012/07/sound-check-chart.html
    If this doesn't match your color scheme/theme there are others out there.

    ThatNewCrayonSmell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you made it through Day 1!!! I am your 100th follower, congrats on that milestone!

    Brian
    http://www.hopkinshoppinhappenings.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a new follower to your blog from Patti's blog - congrats on making it through your first day! You've now almost been through five days - I hope the rest of the week turned out well!

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees

    ReplyDelete
  8. The 1st day IS the hardest no matter how many years you've taught!! Even though this was my 10th year, I still had first day jitters. Glad you survived! I'm your newest follower.
    Happy New School Year!!
    Christy :)
    Mrs. Christy’s Leaping Loopers

    ReplyDelete